A tooth basically comprises two parts, the crown that you see and the root that remains enclosed by bone and prevents the tooth from any dislocation. According to the best dentist in India, with the help of a dental implant, the replacement of the root is carried out. However, unlike a natural tooth root, a dental implant replaces the root by actually fusing it to the jawbone. Next, the implant is attached with a crown and eventually becomes a self-contained tooth that functions and appears in absolute similarity with your lost or damaged natural tooth.
The fundamental prerequisites of dental implants in India include the following.
- Adequate quality and quantity of bone for anchoring or supporting the implant
- The gums of the adjoining teeth are healthy
- The quality of the adjoining teeth permits obtaining a natural cosmetic result
On the other hand, a dental bridge is prosthesis or restoration part that’s set in place through its attachment with natural adjoining teeth. The tooth that needs to be replaced is known as a “pontic” alluding to the French term “pont” meaning bridge. The adjoining teeth also known as abutments offer support on both sides. The method by which the bridge is attached to the abutment involves the removal of the enamel layer and replacement by crowns or caps that are attached to the tooth or pontic. In this way, a three-unit bridge is fused together that comprise the middle crown of the false tooth along with the side crowns bonded or cemented to natural adjacent teeth.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- They’re aesthetic, reliable, functional, and predictable
- They don’t have any impact on adjacent teeth
- They’re not susceptible to decay
- They’re less likely to contract gum disease
- They have more longevity
DRAWBACKS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- They’re more costly
- They need more time to plan
- They call for minor surgery to be conducted
- They need proper healing time prior to the replacement of the permanent tooth
BENEFITS OF BRIDGEWORK
- They’re also aesthetic, reliable, functional, and predictable
- They’re more affordable
- They need less time to show the final result
Drawbacks of bridgework
- They demand the removal of enamel from adjacent teeth
- They need recreation of adjacent teeth provided they have crowns
- They can lead to tooth decay
- They may require supplementary root canal treatment if adjoining nerves are impacted
- If not maintained properly, they can lead to gum disease
- They have less longevity
Why are dental implants so effective?
The best thing about dental implants is the fact that the titanium post constituting the implant and embedded into the jawbone remains invisible and ultimately experiences fusion with the jawbone. The placement of dental implants in Delhi is a minimally-invasive surgery carried out through the administration of local anesthesia. The integration of a dental implant with the bone usually takes a few months. Consequently, a customized crown matching your natural teeth is attached permanently.
Later, your new tooth will have the same look, feel, and function similar to other teeth. And, if cared for appropriately, the new tooth lasts a lifetime. As per the best dentist in Delhi, the implant procedure boasts of an encouraging track record with more than 95 percent success rate. What’s more, it helps retain the deep-seated bone structure which in absence of any stimulation starts to disintegrate subsequent to tooth loss. The use of dental implants can be leveraged by single or multiple replacements of the tooth as a means to support extra dentures.
Delhi dental clinic is known for providing the best and pain-free dental implants treatment in New Delhi, India.